Go-Givers Sell More teaches us that instead of “adding value” after a sale, we should add value from the beginning! We should talk less and listen more. The authors go on to say that we need to take a different approach in our sales careers:
- Create value
- Touch Peoples Lives
- Built Networks
- Be Real
- Stay Open
These 5 steps correspond with what the Go Givers call the Five Laws of Stratospheric Success.
- The Law of Value: Your worth is determined by how much more you give in value than you take in payment.
- The Law of Compensation: Your income is determined by how many people you serve and how well you serve them.
- The Law of Influence: Your influence is determined by how abundantly you place other people’s interests first.
- The Law of Authenticity: The most valuable gift you have to offer is yourself.
- The Law OF Receptivity: The key to effective giving is to stay open to receiving.
My Personal Take Away
It’s not about you, it’s about THEM. After reading Go-Givers Sell More, I feel like I can and will change the way my company does business, for the better. For a new company, I feel we are doing a great job. Now I KNOW we will do even better! I’ve always thought that giving was necessary…now I know it to be true.
I’ve never read a more motivating book. To be honest, I dread reading “self help” books. Go-Givers Sell More had me from page one. I highly recommend reading it…I truly believe it will change your thought process about handling your business. It’s one of the best books I’ve read!
In quoting Chris Hughes: “Making sales is a concept. Touching lives is a reality. Sales is not about a concept: it’s about people”;. Thank you Chris. I couldn’t have said it better!
Get your copy of Go-Givers Sell More. After reading, let me know how it changes your thought process.