One of the more frequent emails we get from users, requests information regarding the location of a particular neighborhood or subdivision within Huntsville, Madison, Athens, as well as across the North Alabama MLS area.
Thus we have recently put together a few Google Map Pages that will allow users to Pan, Zoom-In, and Zoom-out and explore the more popular subdivisions in the area. When a neighborhood Icon is clicked a summary pop-up provides the subdivision name, the estimated price range in the neighborhood, and when desired a neighborhood property search window can be brought up to explore the details of the Homes For Sale in that particular subdivision.
Check out one of our new maps in your area of choice:
Standard Google Map navigation is utilized after the page loads (1 – 3 seconds depending on what browser you are using). However if you are not familiar with Google Map navigation here is a brief summary:
The PAN icon is very useful:
- Simply hold down the left mouse button and use the PAN icon to drag the map’s focus to your area of interest.
- Double click the left mouse button to Zoom-In on the map canvas.
- Double click the right mouse button to Zoom-out for a wide area view.
- Click the various neighborhood markers for the pop-up summary.
- A small control overlay is also available in the upper left hand corner if the Pan icon is not one of your favorites.
We tried several marker manager configurations and were able to get an extremely fast load time but these configurations then caused the navigation to be slower, so we have opted for the longer load time and faster navigation. The page is meant to be static and remain open for your whole exploration. Any searches will be off loaded to a new browser tab or window thus reloading the map page repeatedly as you view listing detail is not required.
As requested in the comments below, we also have specialty maps for Zip Codes and School Zones: